Build Apps/Services with Alpaca
Thank you for your interest in building your project using the Alpaca API. Currently, we are asking you to firstly fill out Support Request Form so that we can better understand you and your projects to serve you better. Please read through the following FAQs before submitting the form.
You are welcome to begin development using Alpaca’s API documentation at any time. By using your paper trading API key, you can build and test your projects without opening a live trading account. Please read Account Plans for your eligiblity.
In addition, you can visit OAuth Integration Guide to learn more about using OAuth to connect your applications with Alpaca.
Rest assured that our team actively reviews all inquiries and will do our best to support them at our most available capacity. We understand that forms can be a bit tedious (we’ve also been in your shoes before!), but your response will be extremely helpful to us in determining next steps and in supporting your request.
We look forward to working with you!
- Q: I have some general questions about Alpaca and your product offerings and/or API. Where should I begin?
- A: Please visit Alpaca Resources for our general FAQs and here for our documentation.
- Q: Who can integrate with the Alpaca API?
- A: Alpaca can support a large variety of businesses and developers that need brokerage services to offer trading and investing capabilities to their users. Our API supports many use cases, with a high level of customizability that allows you to curate solutions that fit your needs.
- Q: Does Alpaca charge for commercial usage of the API? What are the terms and conditions?
- A: Good news - we currently do not charge fees for commercial usage of our API! You can find our terms and conditions here.
- Q: I’m developing an app/service targeting non-US users. Can we integrate with Alpaca’s API?
- A: Anyone around the world can build on top of the Alpaca API. Paper trading is available globally. Live trading brokerage integration for Non-U.S. opportunities are determined on a case by case basis based on various factors - please fill out the form for us to understand your project.
- Q: I have a request for a feature that is not listed in the API documentation. How can I request a feature?
- A: We’re always working on building a lot of exciting stuff here at Alpaca and the team continues to collect feature requests. Please submit the request form along with your feature requests and questions to help us determine next steps.
* This is not an offer, solicitation of an offer, or advice to open a brokerage account. https://alpaca.markets/#disclosures