Q - What are the requirements to apply for an Alpaca brokerage account?
To apply for an Alpaca account, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old,
- Have a valid Social Security Number,
- Have a legal U.S. residential address and;
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or hold an eligible U.S. visa*.
* Acceptable visa types: E-1, E-2, E-3, F-1, H1-B, TN-1, J-1, L-1, B-1, B-2, O-1
Q - How about business entities and non-US residents?
If you are hedge funds, RIAs, app developers, and service providers and interested in opening a business account, please complete the form (currently available by invite-only).
Also, we’ve begun collecting interest from non-U.S. residents seeking commission-free U.S. stock trading. Please voice your interest by completing this form.
Please read Account Plans on the docs about accounts that are available at Alpaca.
If you have additional questions regarding Alpaca's eligibility requirements, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.