Please note that this article is for general informational purposes only. All screenshots are for illustrative purposes only. Alpaca Securities LLC is not affiliated with Trade Ideas and does not endorse or recommend any information or advice provided by Trade Ideas.
Trade Ideas streamlines market analysis by offering powerful scanning and filtering tools. These tools can help users save time while identifying opportunities and managing risks.
On the Trade Ideas platform customers can trade whole and fractional securities while being connected to your Alpaca account
Some features Trade Ideas offers:
- Real-time stock scanning and alerts based on custom or pre-configured strategies.
- A Channel Bar for quick access to theme-based stock lists, advanced charting tools for data visualization and order entry, and an AI tool for data-driven trade ideas.
- The platform also supports strategy backtesting and extensive customization to cater to individual traders needs and preferences.
How can Alpaca users link their Trading Accounts with Trade Ideas?
Connecting Trade Ideas' Brokerage Plus module with your Alpaca trading account is a straightforward process.
- Navigate to the Connect Tab located in the top left-hand corner of the Brokerage Plus Window.
- From the dropdown menu, choose either "Alpaca - Paper" or "Alpaca - Live."
- Login to your Alpaca account
- Authorize app permission, this action will launch the Alpaca Login Page in your default web browser. Proceed to log into your Alpaca account and grant permission for the connection.
- Now that you have established a connection, be sure to select your account which will appear in the drop-down menu of Accounts.
Here is a short video demonstrating how to connect:
About Trade Ideas LLC
In 2003, a group of financial technology entrepreneurs, who had already made their mark in the Self Directed Investment movement, came together to meet investors and active traders demand for a more level playing field against larger, institutional participants and greater control over their finances, preferring to manage their own money rather than relying on others for a fee.
In light of these challenges, the founders of Trade Ideas, Daniel Mirkin, Philip Smolen, Brad Willams, and David Aferiat, sought to distill the essence of investing into its most fundamental form: consistent and improved decision making. They named the company "Trade Ideas" as a reflection of their belief that every investment begins as an idea and evolves into a trade when executed. Thus, the name Trade Ideas captures the core concept of the company's mission: to make better decisions from better ideas.
“Our partnership with Alpaca brings new access to the US equity markets and unmatched abilities to make better decisions getting into and out of trades responsibly and consistently. Alpaca's secure, fast, inclusive, and reliable OAuth integration and API make it an appealing choice for Trade Ideas, enhancing data security and providing commission-free equity trading as part of a larger, cost-effective, developer-friendly solution. This collaboration will enable traders to manage portfolios and risk effectively, and open doors to those who want to trade full and fractional securities via the Trade Ideas platform, connected to Alpaca's comprehensive brokerage infrastructure built with modern APIs”- David Aferiat Co-Founder & Managing Partner
To learn how to get started with Trade Ideas and connect your Alpaca trading account check out this guide.
Investing and investment strategies involve risk, including loss of value and the loss of principal. Past performance does not guarantee future returns or results. There is no guarantee that any investment strategy will achieve its objectives. Please consider your objectives before investing.
Securities brokerage services are provided by Alpaca Securities LLC ("Alpaca Securities"), member FINRA/SIPC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of AlpacaDB, Inc. Technology and services are offered by AlpacaDB, Inc.
This is not an offer, solicitation of an offer, or advice to buy or sell securities, or open a brokerage account in any jurisdiction where Alpaca Securities is not registered or licensed.
The Trade Ideas disclosure page is located here: trade-ideas.com/disclosure.