Yes! Alpaca now supports fractional trading via API and the dashboard. We currently have over 5,500 fractionable securities on our platform!
Fractional Securities include:
- US Exchange listed Securities (Common Stocks and Exchange Traded Funds)
- Selected Over the Counter American Depository Receipts
We generally will allow securities to be fractionable under the below scenarios:
- Over $1
- Average Daily Trading Volume over 10,000 shares
Over the Counter
- Must be an ADR (Fifth character of the symbol ends in Y)
- Market tier is OTC QX, Pink Current Information, Pink Limited Information
- Bid price over $6
To see if an asset is fractional check the field
fractionable = true from the
GET/v1/assets endpoint. If you have an asset that meets the above criteria and is not fractional, please send support an email or reach out to us on Slack.